Friday, March 9, 2012

starting something new

so i have started jogging.  i'm sure i look hilarious and i feel like a humongous doofus.  but i'm doing it.  so far my personal best is 2.04 miles in 26 minutes.  i'm on my second week of doing it and have learned some things already.

1.  my poor old knees cannot run on cement!! i need to run on asphalt or some other surface with some  give. 
2.  i can't compare myself to my hubby, he's a natural athlete and this sort of thing comes easier to him.
3.  taking care of your body is hard!  it's so much easier to say "i just don't have the time."  this shit is work!!

oh, and something else i'm doing is tracking calories through an iphone app "my fitness pal".   it's awesome.  i'm only gonna do this for a month, maybe two.  just to really understand how many calories are in what i choose to put in my body.  i'm not eating healthy 100% of the time, maybe about 75% of the time i do, and for me, right now, this works. 

i'd really like to add in some sort of ab work out as that is one of my "trouble areas" but i'm so damn tired after jogging. just taking a shower is a mission afterward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment