Monday, February 28, 2011

The Cats Meow

This weekend was crazy fun.  Being a parent is very rewarding.  I love my kids, and I do everything I can for them.  But you know what?  It's so tiring!!!  Oh well, I'm sure when they're older they'll appreciate all the things we (the hubs and I) do for them....right? We picked up and dropped off Cam for her Disneyland trip, thank God it was just to her school and not to Anaheim! then it was Bri's Girlscouts trip, and I had to buy the vest and patches, lest she show up vestless and patchless to her huge Girlscout jamboree, then it was Suckers lil friend wanting spend the night and the both of them being little pig boys....

(that's me on the right)

AND I had school Saturday, I'm currently taking a  hybrid anatomy class with my awesome friend Christina.  We have to meet for 4 labs on campus, and we do the rest online.  This week was a lab week.  Let me tell you that it was tough work.  First we had a lab practical test on the bones of the body, and I did pretty well on it.  Then we had our Student Learning Objective which consisted of dissecting a cat.  Now, let me start off by telling you I have 3 babies and dog, so I have picked up, and wiped off my fair shair of shit, I've been thrown up on and IN, yes IN, (TIP:  don't sleep facing your sick childs face when he/she is ill and just wants mommy to snuggle, I repeat, FACE AWAY FROM THE SICK CHILDS FACE!! unless you want a mouthfull of projectile vomit) Sufficed to say I do not have a weak stomach, but the smell from the old cats sitting in formaldehyde (yes, i said old cats, someone said the date on them was '09, i'm very sure dead cats go bad at some point right?) this smell, it was just God AWFUL! my hair, and clothes and skin were penetrated by said smell, I reeked of dead cat!! The good part, YES, really there's a good part, I can do this shit...I mean, If I can handle this kind of thing, then I can really do the nursing thing.  One of the gals in class is an L.V.N. and she said she could not tolerate the smell wafting through our warm classroom, she said "I can eat a sandwhich while assisiting in a colonoscopy, but I cannot tolerate this smell." Which made me feel soo good because  at one point I thought that I could not deal with all the shit and other body excretions nurses have to deal with, but you know what?  I can totally put up with it.  I handled this task like a champ.  My poor friend loves cats and all creatures and just could not deal with the dissection.  She helped set up and clean up and read us all the instructions.   I think she may have cried, bless her heart.  I jumped in there and helped dissect that cat like nobody's business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment